- Always supervise children when they’re in or near the pool.
- Teach children basic water safety tips and swimming lessons. Even if children know how to swim, they still need adult supervision!
- Have these items close by at all times when your pool is in use: phone, first aid kit, flotation device, and scissors (cut hair, clothing, or pool cover if needed).
- If your child is missing, check the pool area first!
- Learn how to perform CPR on children and adults, and update your skills regularly.
- Install at least a 5 foot tall fence all the way around your pool and use self-closing/self-latching gates.
- Ensure your pool uses compliant drain covers. Ask your pool service provider if you are unsure.
- Keep your pool’s cover in good shape. If you notice any defects have them repaired or replaced immediately.
Death and injury from drowning happen every day in pools, natural bodies of water, toilets, bathtubs, and even buckets! Around 10 people drown every day for a total of 3,400 each year. Drowning is the leading cause of accidental death among children of all ages. Don’t let your family become another statistic! Have fun and stay safe!
When you are insured with an independent agency, like Central Utah Insurance Agency, we can tailor your policy to fit your insurance needs! Head over to our website, or call our office to learn more! (435) 259-5981 InsureMoab.com